Vision Statement for the Delaware County
Office For The Aging
The Year 2020
Proposed by the Delaware County
Office For The Aging Advisory Board
Drafted by the Vision Committee, January 12, 2012
- We see an environment in Delaware County that encourages and enables older adults to make educated life choices.
- We see an era of sensitivity toward our environment, diminishing natural resources and changing economy and its impact on future generations.
- We see barrier-free access to comprehensive health care and supportive services.
- We see the implementation of a transportation and communication network that supports the needs of older adults.
- We see Delaware County with safe, affordable, and comfortable housing for older adults.
- We see an environment that nurtures cross generational engagement through both human contact and technology.
- We see a caring support system that promotes dignity and independence for older adults.
- We see an environment that supports persons in care giving and other family obligations.
- We see older adults playing an integral part in the life of the community where they are an accepted and respected part of society.
- Since older adults impact the entire Delaware County community in all its complexity and since the entire community
affects all older adults, we see this vision statement as one of a comprehensive vision for the future of Delaware County.
The Delaware County Office For The Aging welcomes donations to help maintain and expand its services to the elderly.
Please make checks payable to: Delaware County Office For The Aging and send to us at 6 Court Street, Delhi, NY 13753.