Occupancy Tax Return
- How do I report collected 2% hotel/motel occupancy tax?
- Monthly reporting begins April 1, 2016
- Quarterly reporting begins June 1, 2016
- Annual reporting begins March 1, 2017
- Reporting is completed through the Delaware County
Treasurer's Office. There are many ways to obtain the report
- Email email@example.com to request an emailed copy
of the form
- Phone 607-832-5070 to request a mailed or faxed
copy of the form
- Access the form on the Delaware County Website
- Google Search 'Delaware County NY' or type access
- Under the Businesses heading on the menu at the
right side of the screen, select Occupancy Tax
- On the Treasurer Occupancy Tax page select Occupancy
- Print and fill out the form, sign and date it.
- Send in the completed signed form with payment to the address at
the top of the form.
- When are Occupancy Tax Return Reports due?
- Reports are due either monthly, quarterly, or annually
- Reports are due on the same quarters and the NYS Sales Tax forms
- Quarterly Filers:
- Mar-Apr-May .................. Due Jun 20th
- Jun-Jul-Aug .................... Due Sept 20th
- Sept-Oct-Nov ................. Due Dec 20th
- Dec-Jan-Feb .................. Due Mar 20th
- If you do not file NYS Sales Tax Returns,
all reports are due Quarterly
- Annual Filers:
- Mar-Feb .......................... Due Mar 20th
- How do I complete the Occupancy Tax Return Report?
- Select the applicable time period for tax filing
- Enter the legal business name
- Enter the number from the left side of the Certificate of
- Enter the person to contact regarding preparation of the
- Enter the contact person's phone number
- Enter the contact person's email address
- Enter the business mailing address
- Computation of Tax
- Enter the gross income from rentals
- Enter the Tax Exempt Sales for which a NYS ST-129 has
been filed with your business or other form of approved
- Failure to file or pay when due results in
- Automatic loss of 5% 'Vendor Collection Credit'
- Immediate addition of 5% penalty
- Additional 1% interest added after the 20th of each
- Check can be mailed to the
Delaware County Treasurer's Office
PO Box 431
Delhi, NY 13753
- Payment can be made by credit or debit card.
to arrange this type of payment