ASHES & BURN BARRELS
- Ashes from burn barrels, wood stoves, fire places, and fire
pits are not accepted. Extinguish ashes completely and
LARGE DEAD ANIMALS AND CARCASSES
- Lime and bury animals and carcasses on property.
- Contract with rendering company or contact Cornell
Cooperative Extension for information on carcass composting.
- CWD (chronic waste disease)
carriers such as deer and elk may be safely disposed of in the
landfill. Please keep these carcasses separate from your
regular garbage and notify the scale operator that you have a
carcass that needs to be landfilled. These animal
carcasses Should NOT be handled with your regular garbage.
- See also
Composting Road Kill
HAZARDOUS OR TOXIC MATERIALS
- Defined by State, Federal, and DPW guidelines.
- Contract with hazardous waste hauler.
- Look for CLEAN SWEEP household hazardous waste drop-off day for disposal of these
items. CLEAN SWEEP is scheduled each fall. Look
for advertising during August & September.
- Hazardous and Toxic Materials Include:
- Fluorescent light bulbs & ballasts
- Mercury lights & bulbs
- Sodium lights & bulbs
- Pesticides, hazardous liquids
- Corrosives, solvents
- Radioactive or regulated medical wastes
JUNK VEHICLE, BODY, OR CHASSIS
LEAVES, YARD WASTE, GREEN OR LEAFY WOOD
- Chip and/or compost yard waste at home or job site.
- Brush, limbs, tree stumps, and tree
trunks are acceptable as Clean Wood.
LIQUIDS OF ANY KIND
- Including paint that is still liquid.
- Contact your local waste water treatment facility.
MIXED LOADS OF MATERIAL
- All loads of waste and recyclables must be delivered in
appropriate separated categories.
- Wastes and recyclables generated from outside Delaware
County borders are prohibited from disposal at the Solid Waste
- All radioactive wastes, including wastes generated at home
or as part of a medical procedure, are prohibited from disposal
at the Solid Waste Management Center.
REGULATED MEDICAL WASTE
- All regulated medical wastes (as defined by NYSDEC
regulation), including wastes generated at a private medical
office as part of a hospital or other care facility, are
prohibited from disposal at the Solid Waste Management Center.