True or False
– The Real Deal!
• A cold shower or a cup
of black coffee will make you sober
~ Nope! Time is the ONLY thing that will sober you up. Cold showers make a cold,
wet drunk…add coffee and you have a cold, wet and wide awake drunk!
• Switching between beer, wine and liquor will make you more drunk than if
you stick to one type of alcohol
~ Not even! Alcohol is alcohol; the brand, flavor and price have nothing to do
with it. It’s all about your BAC – the percentage of alcohol in your blood.
• Alcohol gives you energy
~ ZZZzzzzz No way! It’s actually a depressant, slowing down your thinking
abilities, speaking abilities, etc.
• Everybody’s reaction to alcohol is the same
~ Are you serious?! There are many things that factor into a person’s reaction
to alcohol: weight, time of day, if your stomach is empty or full…
• Beer or wine coolers will not get you drunk as fast as drinking hard liquor
~ Same as above. Alcohol is alcohol; the brand, flavor and price have
nothing to do with it. It’s all about your BAC – the percentage of alcohol in
• All you get from drinking too much alcohol is a hangover
~ People who drink too much alcohol too fast are at high risk of dying from
alcohol poisoning. A hangover is the least of your worries!
• Drugs are a much bigger problem than alcohol
~ In the US, 17,000 + people die annually from alcohol related car crashes.
Alcohol kills more of our youth than cocaine, heroin and all other illegal drugs
• Problem drinkers only hurt themselves
~ There are 18 million problem drinkers in the US; it’s estimated that each one
affects 4 other people…you do the math.