The office of Long Term Care is a shared program with Delaware County Department of Social Services and Delaware County Public Health Services.
The following services can be offered:
- Adult Residential Placement is provided to those people 18 years of age or older, who are mentally and/or physically impaired, in need of supervised living situation, and who meet specified income levels. The Department can assist clients that it works with to access a family type adult home, an adult home, or a nursing home placement.
- Personal Care Services are available to individuals receiving Medicaid who have medical needs in the home. The Department coordinates with the Delaware County Public Health Department and home care agencies for client assessment and provision of aide services.
- Family Type Homes for Adult care facilities established and operated for the purpose of providing long-term care and supervision to four or few adults. Family type adult homes provide the least restrictive community based alternative to institutional care. At the direction of the New York State Office of Children and Family Services, agency staff performs recruitment, inspection, and investigation of unlicensed homes and on-going inspection of the certified homes in Delaware County.
- The Office of Long Term Care is also the point of entry for those Delaware County residents seeking Nursing Home placement.
- The Office of Long Term Care is an active participant in the Delaware County NY Connects program.
Links To Helpful Websites: